Scrapbooking

Monday, February 20, 2012

Simply Smashing!

I have a couple of young girls in my life and after seeing this sMashing Mickey, they want to Smash! So, we decided to get busy. I have a couple of books finished, each for different uses, to share with you. I'm making one for myself now. <grin>

Let's start with this one:

The older girl requested a black and pink theme. She wanted to make her own cover... so, I used raw cardboard for the front and back and left it for her to do as she pleased. I gathered double sided cardstock from my own collection as well as added a few more I picked up so I could stick mainly to the pinks and blacks.



Here is her
book with some papers and embellishments she can add along the way
Coin envelopes are great for keeping things in that you don't want to tape.
I made tabs out of 2 - 1"circles glued together with the page between them.

Paper bag pocket! I left the top opened (bag was cut down to fit) and the bottom flap is only closed on the edges leaving a second small pocket.






















Lots of embellishments for her to add as she fills it up. 
With all the pages added, I bound it with the Bind it All and she is ready to go!

I'll be posting another smash book for a younger girl in a couple of days.. she plans to use hers for a trip to Disneyland and has made room for autographs and pictures of herself with the Princesses. She also went with an upcycled cover using an old Disney book.

Get Smashing!

3 comments:

Thanks for your comments! They are what keeps me motivated.